Cool Bow Tie Guys
Many notable dudes wear bow ties, but some are extra cool. They harness the sartorial flair of this neckwear to enhance their personal je ne sais quoi. Here are just a few of these blokes:
- Former British Prime Minister Winston Churchill
- Former American Football (Girdiron) player Dhani Jones
- American DJ and drummer Questlove (Ahmir Khalib Thompson) of The Legendary Roots Crew and The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon
- Belgian hip hop and electronic music singer-songwriter Stromae (Paul Van Haver)
- Spanish fashion designer (and hero of Sex and the City‘s Carrie Bradshaw) Manolo Blahnik
In fact, Jones states that bow ties can give you swagger; he’s been quoted as saying:
When you wear a bow tie, doors open for you. Your posture is a little more erect; your shoulders are a little further back; your style is a little more dynamic. It’s about the reestablishment of the gentleman.
However, just as there are real life dandies, there are some significant fictional men with an abundance of cachet. They include:
- The 11th Doctor from Doctor Who played by actor Matt Smith (following in the footsteps of Patrick Troughton’s 2nd Doctor)
- Sesame Street‘s Mr. Hooper played by Will Lee
- Indiana Jones and his father Henry played by Harrison Ford and Sean Connery, respectively
- Up‘s Carl Fredricksen voiced by Edward Asner and Jeremy Leary
Clearly, these gents know how to stand out — in a good way. They serve as great ambassadors for bow ties.